The donor machine here is a '93 BMW R100R.
The idea was to transform it to make it look like our vision of what a BMW GS should always have looked like.
We assume we pretty much achieved this goal.
Pictures: Hugo Jézégabel.
- fully rebuilt top engine (pistons, rings, valves, gaskets, clutch disc, etc...);
- brand new TCI-AC/CDI ignition system installed.
- Vintage Yamaha XT125 tank mounted on the reworked frame;
- "GS colour scheme" paint job in black & white.
- Vintage headlight from a 70's rally car installed (comes in yellow genuinely);
- motocross type handlebar.
- fully serviced Bing carburetors (re-jetted to match with the non-OEM air filters);
- black ceramic painting of both "hat" and "cup" of the carburetors;
- K&N air filters.
- rear wheel switched to 18 inches to match with the 18 inches front one;
- bespoke muffler made on our behalf by Hattech.
- bespoke rear loop welded to the frame;
- bespoke seat designed to match the rear loop;
- frame, side stand and foot pegs shiny dark grey powder coated;
- wheels, fork legs, engine covers and handlebar shiny black powder coated.
- LED light used for both tail and braking lights;
- engine high resistance mat black painted.